The month for November for me has been the most successful month for Ask Will Online to date. As well as that, there have been many changes to Ask Will Online with the obvious being the new design (don’t worry, I will go through all of the others too). However, if I could pick out a few of the biggest successors of November, I would say it was the Adsense earning, blogging job and again, an increase in traffic. As well as that, Google Analytics has had a remake! So, all my stats will look different in the images.
Ask Will Online’s Stats (From Google Analytics) November 1st – December 1st
Visits – 10,089
If you can remember last month, I managed to achieve 7,000+ visits and wanted to consistently gain around 2,000 more visits a month. I’m proud to say I have achieved my own goal and exceeded it by 1,000. This does worry me in some way as I feel maybe this consistent traffic increase is due to Christmas getting closer by the day. Although, in my defence, the articles with the most traffic are:
- Internal and External Sources of Finance
- How Light Intensity Affects The Rate Of Photosynthesis
- Mozart’s Symphony No.40 in G Minor Analysis
As you can see, these articles don’t look to be articles that would gain traffic towards the holiday season. In other words, these are articles that are not killed by time.
Well, my theory why Google Analytics stats are always lower than Blogger’s or WordPress’s stats.
- October saw 6,090 visits from search engines with each being on average on Ask Will Online for 57 seconds. The total time therefore is 5,786 minutes people spent on average on my website.
- November saw 8,972 visits with on average each person spending 61 seconds on my site. The total time therefore is 9,121 minutes! That’s close to twice as long as last month!
Even if visits stayed the same this month and had been 6,090, the extra 4 seconds each person was spending would have mean all together, people would have spent 406 minutes extra (6 hours 45 mins!). It shows what four seconds can do alot to your stats!
- If you look at the CTR for the whole month, it was 0.43%
- CTR for the time Adsense was on Ask Will Online was 0.50%
With an average click equalling £0.47, Adsense has been doing well for me.
Little cheeky advertising 😉 If you use Google AdWords or any other PPC service, I would highly reccomend you use ppc.org as a source of PPC help from expert bloggers. Your results in your PPC campaign will change dramtically for the better.