HTML stands for Hyper Link Markup Language. It’s necessary a blogger knows how to use HTML as a lot of the customization for the blog is done in HTML. You don’t have to be a genius to learn basic HTML, its very simple and could be effective in making and maintaining anything that uses HTML. It’s a skill you will keep for life.
HTML does look confusing but its actually very simple. Let’s start of with a few translations that you will see in your blogger blog HTML:
- <H1> stands for your header of your paragraph/post.
- <TITLE> is the title of your page.
- <BODY> is the main body of your blog such as posts.
- <p> stands for a paragraph. The text in-between <p> and </p> is the paragraph.
HTML works on a rule that ‘if it starts, it has to finish by placing a ‘/’. They come in pairs where the first pair starts whatever it is and the last pair finishes it. For example, if I wanted something to be bold, I would put <b> and then I would put </b> so the HTML knows I’ve ended the bold.
For different types of fonts:
- <b> and </b> make text bold.
- <i> and </i> make text italic.
- <strike> and </strike> make text
- <font size=”x”. x is a number that makes the font big or small.
- face=”x”. x is a word that represents the font such as Times New Roman.
Make a Link
<a href> ” URL” > ENTER TEXT< /a> will produce you a link like this : ask will online