I have always been sceptical whether Google Adsense is actually the best PPC program out there for publishers to monetize their website. The problem is that there will be reviews on the internet recommending how good or bad a PPC program is: take me with my review on Ad Dynamo. However, there are no real statistics that compare PPC programs alongside each other. This is where my new series, ‘The PPC Challenge’ comes into place. I will implement different PPC adverts onto AskWillOnline.com to see which will make me the most money.
The first contender to go against Adsense (seeing as they are the top dog at the moment) is Ad Dynamo who entered the PPC market back in 2008. I have followed their progression since the start and, to be honest, they say they have grown the fastest out of every PPC program out there…I cannot see this ‘growth’ of there’s because there publisher side has not changed at all in the last few years.
To compare statistically Adsense and Ad Dynamo, I will show you what I earned on the 29th January 2013 from Adsense being £1.76:
- Blogger claimed I had around 1,200 pageviews overall which goes to show how much of my traffic that uses ad blockers (roughly 46% of traffic saw my ads if ad pageviews was 589).
- I gained a CTR of 1.02% which is quite good I think.
- I gained 6 clicks worth on average £0.29 each.
- My page RPM was £2.99.
|Click to enlarge|
Ad Dynamo Stats
- I gained a CTR of 0.16% which is quite poor.
- I gained 3 clicks work on average £0.00 each.
- The RPM is £0.00.
- Just for the sake of it, I made £0.01.
What’s your experience with Ad Dynamo and Adsense? Have you ever found it to be a more profitable PPC program than Adsense?